Saturday, November 29, 2003

There is a young lady on my team who is going to school to get a few courses done while she works here. So it turns out she has an assignment to do about how guys have a macho attitude, or as she said machismo. So she hit me and Super Steve up for a couple of questions she has to do for her survey. She wanted a question she could ask to see how brave people are. Super Steve came up with the idea for Russian roulette, like he said nobody in their right mind would want to do this. Maybe if you are stoned or drunk, or fucking crazy as he put it. So I had to come up with a stellar answer for her because Steve popped out one so quickly. On went the thinking cap and this is the first one I came up with.

If you were faced with the situation would you pull the trigger and kill someone in cold blood I asked her. Well now I thought I was on jeopardy or something; am I mad at this person? Am I in danger? Am I being threaten she asked me? No I said would you just kill a person in general if it was a him or you situation. Most people would hesitate and end up getting kill is what I think of the situation. Killing is wrong I know but to be honest we are animals after all so killing is an instinct that we try hard to suppress in every day life.

The other one I cam up with to see how people would re-act is another good one in my mind. If faced with the choice between you and your loved one dieing who would you choose to live? If it was me and my wife I would gladly die to save her. Most people would save themselves because people are afraid of the great unknown that death represents to us. This young lady I am talking about did not even hesitate with her answer either, put it this way I would not want to be in her boyfriend’s shoes in that particular situation. Anyway I am tired and my train of thought is wandering away so I will quit while I am ahead. Have a good weekend everybody talk to you all later.



Two men were digging a ditch on a very hot day. One said to the other, "Why are we down in this
hole digging a ditch when our boss is standing up there in the shade of a tree?"

"I don't know," responded the other. "I'll ask him." So he climbed out of the hole and went to his
boss. "Why are we digging in the hot sun while you're standing in the shade?"

"Intelligence," the boss said.

"What do you mean?"

The boss said, "Well, I'll show you. I'll put my hand on this tree and I want you to hit it with your
fist as hard as you can."

The ditch digger took a mighty swing and tried to hit the boss' hand. The boss removed his hand
and the ditch digger hit the tree, immediately clutching his hand in agaony. The boss said, "That's
intelligence!"

The ditch digger went back to his hole, still in pain. His friend asked, "What did he say?"

"He said we are down here because of intelligence."

"What's intelligence?" said the friend.

The ditch digger put his hand on his face and said, "Take your shovel and hit my hand."

No comments: