Friday, November 07, 2003

I am really glad I am not a soldier in Iraq right about now; they are getting killed over there hand over fist. I was watching the news today and yet another helicopter crashed and another soldier was killed when a convoy was caught in an ambush. So the life expectancy cannot be very high, being in a hostile environment is stressful enough with out wondering if you are going to be the next one to die. A lot of those young lads will come home very combat weary. I would dear say some will suffer from post traumatic stress disorder after seeing some of the shit they have seen. I almost went back in the military just before I started working here; I had just finished doing my medical test and had to do my physical test which is easy. So by now I would probably be over in Afghanistan pulling peace keeping duty. My wife is very relieved that I never went back in but some times I miss the life. Then I remember all those mornings waking up before dawn in a trench covered in mud and a couple days of grime, after being awake for countless hours and I wonder if I am a mental case for missing that? Who knows maybe I am but that kind of life grows on you I guess. Anyway must go and get to work I guess have a good one everyone talk to you all later.



I was going to bed the other night when my wife told me she could see
from the bedroom window that I had left the light on in the shed.
As I looked for myself,
I saw that there were people in the shed taking things. I phoned the
police, but they told me that no one was in our area to help at this
time, but they would send someone over as soon as they were available.

I said "OK", hung up, and waited one minute, then phoned the police
back.

"Hello. I just called you a minute ago because there were people in my
shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now cause I've shot them
all."

Within five minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area, an
Armed Response unit, the works. Of course, they caught the burglars
red-handed.

One of the officers said: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

I replied with, "I thought you said there was nobody available."

No comments: