Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Ah a new week for me has begun; I had yet another three day weekend. I did not do mush as per usual. I did watch two movies however, bowling for columbine and the Italian job. Anybody out there see any of these two movies?

Bowling for columbine was excellent to say the least, I like watching certain documentaries and this one was no different. I think Michael Moore did a good job on this project and it was interest how Canada has a huge amount of gun in our country some where in the neighborhood of 10 million but has only a few gun related deaths as opposed to the U.S. it is strange how two countries can be so close in proximity and yet be so different culturally.

If you get a chance you should see the Italian job as well, it was a good movie as well but did not leave a lasting impression on me as the latter. Have a good one very one talk to you all later.


A man met a beautiful girl, and she agreed to spend the night with
him for $500. So, they spent the night together. In the morning before he
left, he told the girl that he did not have any cash with him,
but that he would have his secretary write a check and mail it to her, calling
the payment "Rent for Apartment". On the way to the office, he regretted
what he had done, realizing that the whole event was not worth the
price. So, he sent a check for $250 and enclosed a note:
"Dear Madam:
Enclosed you will find a check in the amount of $250 for rent of your
apartment. I am not sending the amount agreed upon, because when I
rented the apartment, I was under the impression that:
1. It had never been occupied;
2. There was plenty of heat; and
3. It was small enough to make me cozy and at home. Last night,
however,
I found out that it had been previously occupied, that there wasn't any
heat, and that it was entirely too large."

Upon receipt of the note, the girl immediately sent back the
following reply:
"Dear Sir:
First of all, I cannot understand how you expect such a beautiful
apartment to remain unoccupied indefinitely. As for the heat, there
is plenty of it if you know how to turn it on.
Regarding the space,
the apartment is indeed of regular size, but if you don't have enough
furniture to fill it, please don't blame the landlord."

No comments: