Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Can someone tell me what the big deal about Jessica Lynch is? Sure she was a soldier; sure she was captured and interrogated. But so was a lot of other soldiers, I have seen articles on the web were she said she was slapped and stabbed and so on and so forth. Ever read Bravo Two Zero ? it is a story about the British SAS ( Special Air Service) which is a special forces patrol that became compromised behind enemy lines in Iraq and a couple of them were captured. Now those gentlemen were seriously beaten and tortured for an extended period of time.

The point being is how is this girl all of a sudden “America’s Sweet heart” or “America’s Hero”? Personally I think it is because she is young and relatively good looking. The fact she is not butt ugly probably helps her popularity some what. Dare is say it? Yes I will the last reason is I think is because she is white, there now is out there. I have seen other women soldiers who were captured but nobody is making a big deal about them either. Is it because they are black? If so I think it is a shame to the highest degree, and an outrage. Anyone who have been captured and made it back should be all treated in the same high standard. They all have done the same sacrifice and paid the same dues in being captured. So why is the spot light shinning on her then? Probably because they can use her as a poster child for white Middle America, considering a bulk of the United States are from an ethnic background this is very unusual. African Americans, Hispanic, Asians, Middle Eastern people, Native Americans and even more groups of people make up a huge population in the states. I think they are all getting a raw deal from this to say the least. Anybody else out there ever think about things like this? I do I do not know why it bothers me but it does. Mostly because I do not treat anybody different because of the color of their skin but as sad as it is in this day in age there are people that do. Fifty years from now I wonder if there will be any change. Hopefully it will as it is time for people to smarten up and get with the program. That is my two cents for today I guess, I find it amusing people are auctioning off things with Jessica Lynch on it, for example $5 for a refrigerator magnet? Jesus wept let me tell you, got to go and get too work I guess talk to you all later. Have a good one every body.

The huge college freshman figured he'd try out for the
football team. "Can you tackle?" asked the coach.

"Watch this," said the freshman, who proceeded to run
smack into a telephone pole, shattering it to splinters.

"Wow," said the coach. "I'm impressed. Can you run?"

"Of course I can run," said the freshman. He was off like a
shot, and, in just over nine seconds, he had run a hundred
yard dash.

"Great!" enthused the coach. "But can you pass a
football?"

The freshman rolled his eyes, hesitated for a few
seconds. "Well, sir," he said, "if I can swallow it, I can
probably pass it."





No comments: