Friday, November 14, 2003

Today is Friday which is a bonus because my wife well be home today * insert mischievous grin here* and I get to go to training all day. That is another bonus because I don’t have to take any calls for eight hours. Mind you I know the training on our new product is going to be boring because I have already seen it and used it anything that gets me off the phone is a good thing. Yesterday was not a bad day all things considered I guess In the way of calls. One call does stick out in my mind. A woman I was talking to in New York was acting very distracted while I was on the phone. So I asked her what is wrong. She told me it was very windy there last night then she went silent and said WHAT THE HELL?” so I asked what? She told me there was someone out side her window, so I said it may be the wind moving trees and bushes around. She agreed and kept looking, and then she said no there is someone there. Now I can tell a person’s mood as soon as I start talking to them. For example if you are mad or snotty on the phone I will have you calmed down and laughing at the end of the call. Well she was scared and I could hear it in her voice. When she told me she had to go I told her to hang up and call 911 right away. Better safe than sorry I figure, even if the cops came and it was only trees or bushes what ever have you moving around all you would feel is foolish and relieved. But if there was someone there trying to take advantage of the bad weather to prey on others……

Some times yes I do wish I could get my hands on some of my callers, and yes I would probably do them bodily harm. But when it comes to some thing like that I find it creepy to say the least especially when it comes to a woman home alone because I can think of my wife in the same situation. So I hope she is okay and every thing is well I am going to check when I get to work after to see if she called back. Hopefully she did. Anyway I got to go and get ready to head to work, I don’t have to be there until eleven this morning which is a far cry from my usual nine thirty. So have a good day everybody talk to you all later.

Three old timers were relating their most exciting experiences.
The first, a retired sheriff, described the terrifying excitement of a shoot-out
with Bonnie and Clyde back in his younger days. The other gents nodded and
agreed that that, indeed, would have been exciting.

The second, a retired fireman, related the tale of a huge fire at the university
several years back. There were flames, firetrucks from several area fire
departments, but the most exciting part were the naked coeds jumping from their
dorm windows into his arms. The others gents agreed that had to be a very
exciting time.

The third guy started, "I was an undertaker. One night I got a call to pick up a
body that was under a sheet in a hotel room. When I got there, the guy had a
huge erection. I knew there was no way I could get him through the lobby like
that. So I found an old broom and whacked that erection just as hard as I could
to make it go down." He paused. The retired fireman asked, "So, how was that
exciting?"

The undertaker answered, "Well, you see, I was in the wrong room."


















No comments: