Thursday, October 09, 2003

Well I got off work yesterday and went home early only to be put too work. I live in an apartment building and the next door neighbor had a huge leak in his hallway. Well the landlord figured the leak was coming from our hot water boiler, or as some people call it water heater. So when I got home my wife had started removing everything from the storage room, so I pitched in and helped. I made numerous trips down to the garbage dumpster to throw away all the useless shit we all accumulate over the years. But at least the room is pretty well gutted out and all we have to do is put back the things we want to keep. So some plumbers will drop by today and remove the old tank and put in a new one so we will have that out of our hair for this weekend.

Each morning as we drive to our local coffee shop for our cup of java on the way too work I usually see two people standing in front of a local restaurant. Sometimes it is a young man and woman; sometimes they are both women for example. There they are standing there all dressed up and holding a booklet in their hands. I was puzzled the first couple of times and then my wife said they are Jehovah witness. Strong faith I guess standing out there in the morning time when it is starting to get cold. I am curious as to see if they will be there when the snow flies. I am putting money on no but I maybe proven wrong. I am no religious fanatic, I only go to church for weddings, funerals and other such events. Religion left a bad taste in my mouth from going to a catholic school. So people who stand around trying to pawn off their beliefs on strangers are highly amusing to me. Then again these are the same people who come knocking on the door and barge on in when you answer sprouting out religious rhetoric and trying to convert you. I had to threaten a man before to get him to shut up and get to get him the fuck out of my house. I do not knock on their doors and try to make them catholic do I? The mere though is laughable considering the catholic religion has the most bloodiest of histories. Any one remember the crusades? Anyway most go and get back too work talk to you all later.


There was this old priest who got sick of all the people in his parish who kept confessing to adultery. One Sunday, in the pulpit, he said, "If I hear one more person confess to adultery, I'll quit!" Well, everyone liked him, so they came up with a code word. Someone who had committed adultery would say they had "fallen".

This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the priest died at a ripe old age. About a week after the new priest arrived, he visited the Mayor of the town and seemed very concerned.

The priest said, "You have to do something about the sidewalks in town. When people come into the confessional, they keep talking about having fallen."

The Mayor started to laugh, realizing that no-one had told the new priest about the code word.

Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at the mayor and said, "I don't know what you're laughing about. Your wife fell three times this week."





No comments: