Friday, October 10, 2003

Last night I watched survivor and it got me thinking, what would happen to a real bunch of men and women dropped off on a tropical island? If there were no cameras watching every move and no million dollars as a high stake how would they react to the situation? I pondered that thought and wondered if it would be a re-creation of the lord of the flies. Would all the more “popular” people gel together and alienate the “un-popular” people and make life unbearable for them? I think they would for some reason, I mean remember when we were kids on the school play ground, remember the bullies and the popular kids. Social interaction at its infancy, but the same rules carry over to when we get older. Almost like the have and the have nots really when you come right down and think of it. I mean I was not from a dirt poor family but I did not have the money to spend on all the cool clothes and good old mommy and daddy could not afford to buy me a cool car. So I was in the burn out classification because I partied a lot. Did not have money for all the designer clothes but I could afford booze though :).

So if say 12 people were stranded on an island I figured if someone was to swing by that island say 6 months later I am guessing around six or seven people would be left alive. Because they would either kill each other or let the loser starve. But this is my opinion what do I really know right? Anyway must go and get too work talk to you all later.



A man who had spent his whole life in the desert visited a friend. He'd never seen a train or the tracks they run on. While standing in the middle of the RR tracks, he heard a whistle, but didn't know what it was. Predictably, he's hit and is thrown, ass-over-tea-kettle, to the side of the tracks, with some minor internal injuries, a few broken bones, and some bruises.

After weeks in the hospital recovering, he's at his friend's house attending a party. While in the kitchen, he suddenly hears the teakettle whistling. He grabs a baseball bat from the nearby closet and proceeds to batter and bash the teakettle into an unrecognizable lump of metal. His friend, hearing the ruckus, rushes into the kitchen, sees what's happened and asks the desert man, "Why'd you ruin my good tea kettle?"

The desert man replies, "Man, you gotta kill these things when they're small."


No comments: