Thursday, October 02, 2003

Today at work will be one of my long days maybe, considering I got too go home early the last two days as well as last week makes me think I will get out of there again today early as well. So far it has been a really good week at work, cannot complain when I was only there for 2 hours yesterday. The old vacation pay will take a beating this pay period but oh well that is what it is there for I guess.

Anyway we bought two movies yesterday, good deal I must say $9 each for two DVD’s so can’t go wrong with that deal. Anyone ever see “Apt Pupil”? I thought it was pretty good movies obviously because I bought it right? Actually I read the Stephen King Different Season in which the story was published and it was a good story, interesting enough three out of the four stories were made into movies, along with Apt Pupil, Stand By Me and The Shaw shank Redemption were also made into movies as well. The story for Apt Pupil was a bit dark to say the least but it was a good story and well written I though and it seemed very believable to be truthful. I almost would not be surprised to find out something like that could have happened. So the movie they made was pretty true too the story, yes I know a lot was left out but that is the sucky thing about making a movie out of a book or story. Hearts in Atlantis was the most hideous movie I have ever seen that was supposed to be made from a book; it was so bad I turned it off.

The other movie I got was Dolores Claiborne which I cannot remember but I do know I saw the movie quite awhile ago but memory comes up blank when I try to conjure up a vision of the movie in my head. I liked it though I think, I will find out when I get a chance to watch it again. I liked the book so I will probably like the movie again when I see it. Anyway I must go and get ready to go too work talk to you all later.


A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, "Father, I have a
problem. I have two female parrots, but they only know how to say one
thing."

"What do they say?" the priest inquired.

They say, "Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some
fun?"

"That's obscene!" the priest exclaimed, then he thought
for a moment. "You know," he said, "I may have a solution to your problem. I have two male talking parrots whom I have taught to pray and read the
bible. Bring your two parrots over to my house, and we'll put
them in the cage with Francis and Job. My parrots can teach your parrots
to praise and worship, and your parrots are sure to stop saying...that
phrase...in no time."

"Thank you," the woman responded, "this may very well be
the solution."

The next day, she brought her female parrots to the
priest's house.

As he ushered her in, she saw that his two male parrots were
Inside their cage, holding rosary beads and praying. Impressed, she walked
over and placed her parrots in with them.

After a few minutes, the female parrots cried out in
unison: "Hi, we're prostitutes. Do you want to have some fun?"

There was stunned silence. Finally, one male parrot looked
over at the other male parrot and exclaimed, "Put the fucking beads
away, Francis, our prayers have been answered!"

No comments: