Monday, August 04, 2003

Well for the last week or so I have been playing civilization three; I have been guiding my fledgling roman empire to greatness. It is a long game I must admit, but is fun. I like these strategy games. Eventually I had to make a hard decision in the game; I could not build certain units because I did not any rubber for a resource. Low and behold the Greek society did and it was just on the outskirts of my border. So I assembled a strike team and attacked the city that had the rubber I needed. It went all down hill from there. As soon as I attacked and captured the city obviously the Greeks declared war on me and so did the Egyptians seems that had a mutual protection pack that I did not know about. So there it was a war on two fronts. So I change my production to war time and ran rampant all over the continent. Armour and mechanized infantry starting seizing city after city, eventually the Greeks asked to sign a peace agreement. So since I had the rubber I had wanted I said yes. Sneaky bastards got the other civilizations to sign a trade embargo on me. War was declared on them the very next turn. Since then I have them cornered on two small islands that I am closing in on with transport and tanks. The Egyptians are almost exterminated, the must have a couple of cities on an island that I have not located yet because I have spotted some of their ships sailing the high seas. Once I have finished with those two and consolidated my hold on the land I spring forward once more in a blitzkrieg move on the other players. The French, Americans and the Indians are left unmolested at this point and time but their time will come. The French have been a bit useful because I got them to join with me in a pact against the Greeks and Egyptians but they lost the will too fight and signed a peace accord with them two turns later. I felt the knife in my back when they did that since I had to bribe them with some technology to get them to agree in the first place. They will know my wrath when I armour starts setting their sights on French cities. I have not used cruise missiles or nuclear weapons yet but the world will rock with explosions soon as I unleash hell’s fury on the snivelling French fuckers. Any way must go war waits and I must go and lead my roman hordes to the greatness the deserve talk to you later.

No comments: