Wednesday, August 13, 2003

How depressing knowing what I am going to face tomorrow at work, Saying the same thing over and over again until I feel like a recording. “So you have windows XP hunh? Let me guess what is happening every time you go on the internet the computer keeps restarting?” the answer is yes, then I have to explain what the goddamn worm blaster virus is and what it is actually doing to their computers. Then I have to explain what windows updates are how to do them. Then they ask why “THEY” should have to do windows updates anyway. I answer example number one look what is happening to your computer. Also do you have an anti virus program? Then I have to explain what that is and what it does. Jesus wept let me tell you. So today there was pushing 300 calls waiting again today and I expect the same all week. I pity all the people with Windows 95, 95 and ME who are having trouble getting on line and are on hold for an hour or so.

One lady had the nerve to rag on me because she was on hold for 45 minutes, well if you did your updates when the computer popped up that little balloon and said updates are ready to be installed instead of closing the damn thing every time you would not be in this fucking mess. I lost my patience with her and put her in her place, and then she started complaining about the hold music. Listen I said when can do this the hard way or the easy way you decide. What do you mean she asked? Well if you don’t let me get a word in and help you I will hang up and you can call back and spend another 45 minutes remembering not to complain to the tech who is trying to help you.

On Saturday the virus is supposed to do something or another according to what I read on the internet. Mind you know one knows what exactly I going to happen but what ever it is it cannot be good. Maybe it will format every computer it is on for example. ( this I would find highly amusing, maybe mean but that is the breaks) so on Saturday when this is going to happen for example I will be in the trenches at work ready to see what is going to happen I am curious after all aren’t you? Must go I guess ranted long enough talk to you later.

No comments: