Sunday, August 17, 2003

I am enjoying my day off today, got to sleep in for a while which I enjoyed to no great end. I am not looking forward to Tuesday and going back to work. Why is that you may be wondering? The worm blaster virus that is running rampant on the good old internet is why.

If you get a virus do you really expect you internet service provider to get rid of it for you? Apparently this is the case with most of our customers. My computer is restarting every time I go on the internet what is happening? Insert sigh as I tell the for the hundred time that day what is going on. Did you see the news? No. did you see anything on the web about this? No. what do you do live in a box I think? Get with the fucking program.

Well all I can do is build you a manual connection that is secure and you have to download the patch from the internet that will keep the virus from getting back on your computer. Then you have to go and update your anti virus program. Great and how do we do that? Blinks and says you do not know how to do that? No you have to show me how. No I do not I answer we are your ISP that is not my job to show you how to use third party software or show you how to use your computer for that matter either. Yes it is I hear in return that is what your job is. This point my voice takes a nasty tone let me tell you, I counter point with this reply. I do not need you to tell me what my job is, believe me I know what I am supposed to do because I have been doing it for a long time and what you just asked me is not my job. Well I want to speak with another tech. no sir all you are going to get is customer service and they will tell you what my job is. I want to speak to your supervisor! I am really getting into this and I am grinning at this point. No I am not going to waste his time with this, this issue is landing square on your shoulders to resolve. Well I am going to call my computer manufacturer. Good luck with that sir they will ask did you do your windows updates. The answer is no which is why you have the virus in the first place. Then they will ask if you updated your anti virus program which you did not either, then they will proceed to tell you all of this is your own fault. Well he did not like that answer either and he freaked out on me. I ended up sending him to customer service which is petty I know but made me feel a little bit better.

All week I have been really nice to people who have windows 98 and windows ME because they have been waiting for help for at least an half an hour for help and I felt bad for them. The people with XP and have the virus? Fuck ‘em, the did not download the patch like they were prompted too so it is their fault for closing that little window. In case you did not know windows XP prompts you that windows updates are ready to be installed and what did they do? Yes indeed closed it. So do not whine to me. Must go I guess I will talk to you all later have a good week everyone.

No comments: