Thursday, August 28, 2003

I watch the news and see how every one is making a big deal over the soldiers returning home from the Persian Gulf. They welcome theses people back with open arms like conquering heroes. I often wonder how Vietnam vets watching this must feel? These people served their country and returned home to be spit on and called baby killers for example. Was their sacrifice any less noble than the soldiers who are serving now? I think so any person who wears a uniform deserves respect. You may not agree with what they do for a living, but if you did not ever put on a uniform who are you to judge? Yeah I am talking to you tree huggers and hippies.

I watch the news in the morning before I come to work; nothing else is on in the morning while I am drinking my coffee. The news is kind of depressing and fascinating at the same time. People killing each other left right and center, people suing every body and everything for no reason. How amusing I must say! Well I re-loaded my computer last night because it was acting strange which was a bit of a chore but it makes the computer run better. I used to do it every couple of months but I got lazy and have not done it in a while.

What a long day today, it is just dragging out big time. Hope it speeds up a bit, and then again it usually does after I take my lunch. Looking forward to this weekend and just relaxing and enjoying my time doing nothing.


"THE INTERVIEW"



There was this man who was in a horrible accident, and was injured.
But the only permanent damage he suffered was the amputation of
both of his ears. As a result of this "unusual" handicap, he was very
self-conscious about his having no ears.

Because of the accident, he received a large sum of money from the
insurance company. It was always his dream to own his own business,
so he decided with all this money he had, he now had the means to
own a business.

So he went out and purchased a small, but expanding computer firm.
But he realized that he had no business knowledge at all, so he
decided that he would have to hire someone to run the business.

He picked out three top candidates, and interviewed each of them. The
first interview went really well. He really liked this guy. His last question
for this first candidate was, "Do you notice anything unusual about
me?" The guy said, "Now that you mention it, you have no ears." The
man got really upset and threw the guy out.

The second interview went even better than the first. This candidate
was much better than the first. Again, to conclude the interview, the
man asked the same question again, "Do you notice anything unusual
about me?" This guy also noticed, "Yes, you have no ears." The man
was really upset again, and threw this second candidate out.

Then he had the third interview. The third candidate was even better
than the second, the best out of all of them. Almost certain that he
wanted to hire this guy, the man once again asked, "Do you notice
anything unusual about me?"

The guy replied, "Yeah, you're wearing contact lenses." Surprised, the
man then asked, "Wow! That's quite perceptive of you! How could you
tell?" The guy burst out laughing and said, "Well, You can't wear
glasses if you don't have any ears!"

No comments: