Friday, September 05, 2003

I wonder what is it about the end of the week that makes you dragged out. Technically my week isn’t over until the end of my shift tomorrow but that is beside the point. The point being I am dragged out like a long piece of spaghetti string. I am really looking forward to two days off and getting this place out of my mind. Seeing how I did not get any time off and I cannot book and days off it is a long road ahead. But what does not kill us will make us stronger as the saying goes. RIGHT? Hope so, and I would like to know who came up with that phrase in the first place because I am pretty sure they met and un-timely death shortly after uttering it.

Not a bad day at all as calls go I guess except one man who did not know what I meant when I said to put in period. How could you not know what a period is? I said you got to be kidding when he asked me what I meant. Makes me wonder if any of these people went to school in the first place. He got all sulky at me when I told him it was the symbol you use when ending a written sentence. Did I care? Not in the least.

I was looking on the CNN homepage as I am wont to do when I get bored at work so I can keep up on the news. One story made me shrug and wonder why someone came up with that idea in the first place. Seems over in Italy there is a winery sporting the labels of Hitler and other such people like Benito Mussolini and Joseph Stalin. Where did the marketing genius come up with idea for this? Must be a market for it somewhere but for the life of me I cannot reason why. Maybe it is for the shock factor; then again maybe these people have fans.

Needless to say Germany is not amused by this in the least, which may be excused under the circumstances don’t you think? They have to live with stigma of Hitler’s legacy forever bearing the black eye of his memory to generations to come. That man was inherently evil as well as insane so I would imagine they would not want labels sporting his face being sold in the world. I do not blame them in the least. Must go I guess talk to you later.


Two drunks were in a tavern sitting at the bar and staring into their
drinks.

One got a curious look on his face and asked, "Hey, Pete! You ever seen

an ice cube with a hole in it before?"

Pete replied "Yep. I was married to one for fifteen years."





No comments: