Thursday, September 18, 2003

I have been watching the news every morning since I have started my new shift. Since there is nothing on in the morning times I watch CNN to see what is going on in the world. All they have been talking about for the last three or four days is the hurricane that is blowing off shore down near the Carolinas. The media has made this out too be a climatic bogey man of sorts and I a way I guess that is true. The storm is causing fear in many because past hurricanes have killed people and caused a lot of damage. Why do storms like this seem to surprise people in the first place I wonder? If I lived in the areas I would not be startled like a deer in a head of head lights when some body said there was a hurricane coming. You would think the residents in these areas would have the necessary supplies handy to board up their homes for example seeing how the last storm hit say two years ago. Human memory can be sort termed sometimes I would imagine, or ignorant maybe because people must think will it won’t happen again. They showed a list of the last couple hurricanes and the years they hit and seems to be a pattern to me of two to three years with the maximum of five. So why are people going into panic overload I wonder? Are they spurned on by the fear mongering of the media? Hmm it would be a plausible reason I think. Must go and get ready for work I guess talk to you all later.

No comments: