Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Well not much to write about lately, everything has been going smooth in my life. Just that I wish I could win the lottery because work is overrated in my book, but then don’t we all think that way? I bought a couple of books on Monday that I am now pursuing. Anybody out there ever hear of the author Terry Pratchett? He writes the discworld novels and I picked up two books by him the other day. Reading his books are like greeting an old friend that I have not seen in a long time. I started reading his books back when I was 17 or 18 or so and so I picked some more and I am definitely not disappointed. I will have to start hunting down the rest of his books next time I return to Coles. I cannot walk out of a book store empty handed very often is the problem I have; to me the books almost seem to beckon and plead to me to take them off the self and read and enjoy them. Unfortunately the siren song of the books takes hold of me and I buy them as much as I can. Yes I do in fact read all the books I buy, I am a repeat offender with a lot of my book in the way of rereading them if they are any good. But oh well what do you do right? At least a book does have commercials and you can pick up right where you left off.

On a little side note here once i thought to read some of the classic books. People make such a big deal over them I figured to give one of them a try and see where it led. Anybody out there ever try to read Moby Dick? The most boring book I ever had the displeasure of trying to read. I had too give up reading after chapter 2. *shudder* anyway talk to you later.

No comments: