Friday, July 25, 2003

Well, well, well, how curious was that? I was lying on the couch reading a book when I heard a pretty loud pop from the other side of our apartment. Dismissing it as you would do with any other weird noise you would hear. My wife asked our son what was that and he replied I don’t know. Then the pop was heard again so I had to make like Sherlock Holmes and find what the hell was popping in his room. So as I walked in the hall I watched my wife and son exiting the room. Something over by the computer she said. Aha! I looked behind the tower and there it was, a thin spiral of blue arid smelling smoke curling up. Seem the power supply on the computer decided to commit suicide; no harm really the computer was my father’s which I received after he passed away during the winter. The system is at least five years old; funny how it blew out when there was no power coming to the computer at all. The power bar was not plugged in at all, what would have happened if the computer was on when it went I wonder? Now that would have been something to behold I think. Would the computer have pulled a Chernobyl and melted down or would it have just shut down or just started beeping? Alas I guess I will never know. Must go and read some more before I go to bed I guess, talk to you later.



No comments: