Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Well another weekend has come and gone, way to fast as it were. I had a pretty good weekend I guess not too much to complain about at all. What did I do this weekend? Not a whole lot. I managed to *ahem* acquire some music I found on the internet and I also happened to stumble across my favourite movie of all time Conan the Barbarian.

I did get to watch Gangs of New York though. I found this movie highly entertaining movies of that style I find draw you in a bit. It was long which is another bonus that I admire in some movies because it immerses you into the story more and the fact the whole movies can be summed up in the last 15 minutes like every other movie. This I can say it is definitely not a family movie that is for sure. Lots of blood and guts in this one, funny how we like watching violence in movies is it not? A lot of us would not want to see it in real life but we pay to see a movie with violence in it. I would expect a large portion of the public would be seen cheering and jeering in the Roman arenas if we happened to be transported back in time. I know I would be egging on the gladiators and the embraced in mortal combat, but hey when in Rome............... anyway got to go and *sigh* get ready to go to work talk to you later.

No comments: