Friday, January 02, 2004

Another new year is here; hopefully this one will go as good as last year. I am looking forward to this weekend and settling down to some good old fashion relaxing. We do not have any company this weekend so it will be a nice switch to have our place to ourselves. Having company is nice but it wears thin after awhile and it sure as hells cramps your style after awhile. Last night I watched Sea Biscuit with my wife, I must say it was a good movie it kept me interested through the whole thing. We watched Legally Blonde 2 the night before, it was errrr okay I guess but not something I would like to re-watch. A lot of the humor was strained I thought and a lot of the jokes were not funny at all. Hopefully I will get to rent a couple this weekend if there is anything left usually there is not.

Yesterday I got to go home early because it was not busy and it felt like a Saturday to me, so my week thus far is all fucked up. At least it was slow so that is something right there. I guess a lot of our customers had better things to do than call us (like nursing a hangover). Hopefully today will be slow as well, I guess I will find out when I get too work and get on the phone. Anyway I got to go have a good one everybody.

John was a clerk in a small drugstore but he was not much of a salesman. He could never find the item the customer wanted.

Bob, the owner, had about enough and warned John that the next sale he missed would be his last.

Just then a man came in coughing and he asked John for their best cough syrup. Try as he might John could not find the cough syrup. Remembering Bob's warning he sold the man a box of Ex-Lax and told him to take it all at once. The customer did as John said and then walked outside and leaned against a lamp post.

Bob had seen the whole thing and came over to ask John what had transpired.

"He wanted something for his cough but I couldn't find the cough syrup. I substituted Ex-Lax and told him to take it all at once," John explained.

"Ex-Lax won't cure a cough" Bob shouted angrily.

"Sure it will" John said, pointing at the man leaning on the lamp post. "Look at him. He's afraid to cough."

No comments: