Friday, May 07, 2004

I was going too write a post earlier this week, in fact I had it partially written but used the good old delete key because I did not fancy what I had written. Well we are slammed with calls at work because of the SASSER virus. The sad thing is that most of our callers are the same people who had gotten the worm Blaster virus last summer and still not have learned their lesson about windows updates. What are they doing when the messages pops up and tell them windows updates are ready to be installed? They close it of course then whine because they have a virus.

Ghastly as it is a horde of them have no anti-virus software, or it is outdated. Norton, McAfee is sitting in their system tray and I ask if they have updated it, you need to update it? Is the answer I receive. Jesus wept let me tell you.

So this virus is driving everybody who is doing tech support fucking nuts, I can only shudder at the calls that the anti-virus vendors or people like Dell are getting. If somebody has the skill to write these nasty little virus that cause a major annoyance but no damage I implore you. Next time include the code to format these fucker’s hard drives to teach them a god damn lesson once and for all. Now that would be sweet would it not? I mean Best Buy is charging people a hundred bucks to remove the SASSER virus that is only a five minute job to be honest, talk about a money maker. So can you just imagine how much it would cost if their hard drives were erased?

Anyway I got too get ready to head too work talk to you all later have a good one everybody?

No comments: