Sunday, May 16, 2004

Last night I heard the little fucker as I lay on the couch watching the NASCAR night race with my wife. I kept hearing an annoying buzzing sound so I happened to look up and there he was my old nemesis the house fly. He is an annoying foe that likes too buzz by your head just when you are watching something good on TV for example.

So I plotted a grand tactical strategy for my foe that would make general Patton weep with tears of appreciation, I went to the kitchen and got a dish cloth to kill the fucker. So I came into my living room and scanned the room with steely eyes looking for my foe ah there he was on the ceiling, I took a swipe and missed, DRAT! Eventually after a sparring session I got him on a wall with a nifty side snap just miss the lamp. I had a victory sip of Budweiser and looked behind the couch because that is where he landed of course.

There he was limping from under the sofa to under the heater and back making a circuit of it. I knew he was mortally wounded but I could not make the killing blow because of the angle my skeletal arms could not even make the transition in that small space. Then he went under the couch not too return. So where did he go? I have no idea he just up and disappeared. Maybe he went to the fly graveyard to die in honour, because I could not find the little bastard. Now I do not hold any particular malice towards common house flies but lest face it, anything that will crawl around in feces is pretty low on the evolutionary totem pole isn’t it? Plus they are annoying. I was a little bit sacred to go to bed though I must admit I could just picture this little bastard limping in the hall and crawling under the door and heading towards my side of the bed. Once there he would scale the side of my bed and crawl in my ear or mouth or something. Who knows *shudder* any way got too go talk to you all later.

No comments: