Friday, May 14, 2004

Every day I arrive at work early, never fails I show up at the very least a half an hour early. The reason is I turn on my computer log into all the applications and other odd and ends the lock my computer and walk down to Tim Horton’s for a coffee. That is my ritual for the last little while the only time I move from this schedule is when my wife brings me too work and I grab a coffee before I enter the building.

When I return with my coffee do I sit at my desk and sip on my cup of java and read the news? No fucking likely. I try to avoid where I sit like it is a leprous being to say the least. It is because of the people who sit around me, when show up they start asking me questions before I sit down and do anything. What annoys the fuck out of me is that it is the same people everyday asking the same questions.

“I have this ( lady, man either or and it varies) and they have the sasser virus and I did all of our trouble shootings steps now what do I do?” every day I have to answer this! Not our problem OEM people! I got taken to school by a lady who sits near me yesterday for example, the person she was talking too had the sasser virus removed and their computer was taking 5 minutes at the least to load web pages. After she was off the call she asked what else she could have done after she had told me the steps she had taken first. I should have said nothing and said you did a good job and did everything you could. I said you could have got the person to scan for other viruses and repaired internet explorer, then told the person how too scan for spy ware. I checked and there is no spy ware on the computer she told me. I asked her how she scanned for it and she answered it was in add and remove programs in your control panel. No I told her you need to check with a 3rd party application like Ad-aware for example. But alas I was wrong, seems on her “previous” contract that is what they did too remove spy ware, in a tone that implied that I was a gibbering idiot who likes to play with coloured bits of yarn for example. Well I told her in a bit louder voice than normal because frankly this got on my last nerve and fucking pissed me off, I said “what the fuck do I know? I am only wandering around here taking up valuable space and oxygen. If you don’t like an answer I give you don’t ask!”

On that note I have to go and get ready to head too work, where I sometimes feel like I am the ring master at a retarded circus. Hope everybody else has a good day though, talk to you all later.

No comments: