Tuesday, February 03, 2004

It has been a week today since I last had a cigarette, so I feel quite proud of myself. I passed the big test on Saturday night when I sipped on a few beer and never freaked out from not having a smoke. So I keep taking it a day a time, in a little while I am going to walk to work seeing how it is a nice day out. This weekend I really did not do much at all. Although I got to go into the local mall, my first trip in their since around Christmas time. I also tried to watch the “American Wedding” movie and let us just say I sighed and turned it off after about 15 minutes give or take. What a strained attempt at humour if I have ever seen it, just fucking lame. Now I thought since I am quitting smoking I was having some kid on chemical imbalance in my humour system, but not so I laughed at a number of different odds and ends this weekend. This movie was not one of them.

I did read a book called “The Cage” about an English man who moved to the U.S with his family when he was a teenager and ended up being drafted and sent to Vietnam. While there he was captured and tortured by the V.C and placed in a cage which was lowered into water until he had to turn his face up between the bars to breath. If anybody has seen the Deer Hunter you know what I am talking about. So anyway this gent escaped and lived in the jungle for a couple of days completely naked with no food and water, until an American patrol picked him up. Made for good reading, well I am glancing at the clock and I got to go and head to work talk to you all later. Have a good one everybody.

No comments: