Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Well I am on week three with no smoking and I am quite proud of myself. I had a good weekend but it was not long enough. I just relaxed and took it easy, anybody see the movie “Open Range”? Not a huge amount of action but I liked it all the same, which is a rare thing since westerns are usually not that good to begin with. I also watched once upon a time in Mexico and I enjoyed that movie as well, yes there was a lot of clichés I know but I found it entertaining all the same. Well my wife is a happy camper because NASCAR season is started again with the Bud-pole shoot out this past weekend. Should be a good race on Sunday, they changed the tire compound so the tires will wear out quicker and they also changed the rear spoiler to affect the down force. So you just watch on Sunday there is going to be a lot of accidents I just bet. it has been really slow at work as of late which is kind of nice, speaking of which I got to go and get back on the phone. Talk to you all later have a good one everybody.

A professor of mathematics sent a fax to his wife. It read: "Dear Wife: You must realize that you are 54 years old, and I have certain needs which you are no longer able to satisfy. I am otherwise happy with you as wife, and I sincerely hope you will not be hurt or offended to learn that by the time you receive this letter, I will be at the Grand Hotel with my 18-year-old teaching assistant. I'll be home before midnight. -- Your Husband"

When he arrived at the hotel, there was a faxed letter waiting for him that read as follows:
"Dear Husband: You, too, are 54 years old, and by the time you receive this letter, I will be
at the Breakwater Hotel with the 18-year-old pool boy. Being the brilliant mathematician that you are, you can easily appreciate the fact that 18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18. Don't wait up."

No comments: